1. Put your mp3 player or music player on your computer on random.
2. Post the first four lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song (Skip repeat artists).
3. Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
4. Don’t cheat.
OK, so I did this mostly out of curiousity.
1. What you get and what you see
Things that don’t come easily
Feeling happy in my vein
Icicles within my brain
2. Evangelist you claim god speaks through you,
Your restless mouth full of lies gains popularity.
You care not for the old that suffer,
When empty pockets cry from hunger.
3. Wer zu Lebzeit gut auf Erden
wird nach dem Tod ein Engel werden
den Blick Ògen Himmel fragst du dann
warum man sie nicht sehen kann
4. Sittin’ on my own
Chewin’ on a bone
A thousand million
Miles from home
5. Hell of an angel
Skin that shines like pearl
Eyes that make your soul bleed
Innocent and sweet
6. Its snowing outside the rumbling sound
Of engines roar in the night
The mission is near the confident men
Are waiting to drop from the sky
7. The screen door slams
Mary’s dress waves
Like a vision she dances across the porch
As the radio plays
8. She looks so fine like champagne or wine, no one ever gets her
Oh, ain’t she cool, plays us for fools if we wanna let her
Across the room she sees some buffoon blown away by her style
She goes out of her way so that she can play and make him beg for a little while
9. Step inside the circle of fire
Flames of desire enlighten the night
Follow your instinct
Burn and writhe in ecstacy
10. Her face is a map of the world, is a map of the world
You can see she’s a beautiful girl, she’s a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
11. Nothing is crueler than children who come from good homes
God’ll forgive them I guess but whose side are you on
Driving around the old town I remember it all
Dropping my lunchbox and tampax all over the hall
12. Everyone’s watching, to see what you will do
Everyone’s looking at you, oh
Everyone’s wondering, will you come out tonight
Everyone’s trying to get it right, get it right
13. Walk in silence,
Dont walk away, in silence.
See the danger,
14. I never felt magic crazy as this
I never saw moons knew the meaning of the sea
I never held emotion in the palm of my hand
Or felt sweet breezes in the top of a tree
15. There’s a young man in town, slip-slidin’ around.
He likes to roll free and easy.
There’s only his way, he calls all the plays.
And he lives on his island alone.
16. I’ve searched the holy books
I tried to unravel the mystery of Jesus Christ, the saviour
I’ve read the poets and the analysts
Searched through the books on human behaviour
17. I’m stressed but you’re freestyle
I’m overworked but I’m undersexed
I must be made of concrete
I sign my name across your chest
18. Unable so lost
I can’t find my way
Been searching, but I have never seen
A turning, a turning from deceit
19. One million light years from home
Throwing up and feeling small
Where have I gone and landed tonight
I’ve been shot right to the core
20. Curl up inside me
C’mon hide for a while
Look in your eyes i see
Looking back is a child
I’d get less than half of these myself.